As soon as the leaves start falling the oven gets turned on in our home.
Mornings with that crisp fall air is the perfect time to turn the oven on and bake something delicious. I love my mornings since it’s usually peaceful and quiet I can enjoy my cup of coffee and stay in my PJs while I bake a delicious fall recipe. Our biggest go to recipe in the house and for fall is banana bread. It’s a fairly simple thing to bake and keeps really well if you freeze it.
Having a toddler you need easy & quick recipes! So we freeze a lot of food we bake or cook into portions for her. For the bannana bread I’ll pre cut slices and individually freeze them in a ziplock bag for easy breakfasts.
Go-To Bannana Bread:
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
Preheat oven to 325F degrees
- Spray loaf baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs, butter and sugar and extract.
- Mix thoroughly, then add dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Pour batter into baking dish.
Bake for about an hour.
Insert a toothpick in the middle. It should come out clean with nothing left on the toothpick.
Allow to cool before cutting …. ENJOY!